Quilts of Valor
Custer Piecemaker's Quilt Guild registered with the Quilts of Valor organization in 2013 with the primary purpose of making and donating quilts to veterans who vacation at Operation Black Hills Cabin in Custer.
Sue Parker, Kathleen Kowalski, Karen Kraus, and Nancy Dunston are the primary contacts for this project.
- 2013 - 10 quilts presented
- 2014 - 16 quilts presented
- 2015 - 14 quilts presented
- 2016 - 13 quilts presented
- 2017 - 12 quilts presented
- 2018 - 16 quilts presented
Kwiltz for Kidz
Custer Piecemaker's Quilt Guild donates quilts to the Black Hills Foster Parent's Group. These quilts are given to children placed in foster care after being removed from their homes where they suffered abuse or neglect.
Lois Sietsma is the primary contact for this project.
2011 - 17 quilts presented
2012 - 29 quilts presented
2013 - 39 quilts presented
2014 - 18 quilts presented
2015 - 25 quilts presented
- 2016 - 10 quilts presented
- 2017 - 18 quilts presented
- 2018 - 41 quilts presented
Custer Piecemaker's Quilt Guild, in conjunction with Custer Regional Hospital, makes bright, colorful, and age-appropriate pillowcases for children who are hospitalized overnight. The pillowcases are sent home with the children.
Janice Moore is the primary contact for this project.
- 2012 - 42 pillowcases presented
- 2014 - 68 pillowcases presented
- 2017 - 70 pillowcases presented
- 2018 - 98 pillowcases presented
Cover Me Purple
This campaign intends to bring awareness to Shaken Baby Syndrome with the goal of preventing the shaking and abuse of infants. These quilts and blankets are given to babies born in the Rapid City area.
The letters in Purple stand for:
- P - Peak of crying
- U - Unexpected
- R - Resists soothing
- P - Pain-like face
- L - Long lasting
- E - Evening
For more information on the Cover Me Purple campaign, visit the website: http://www.purplecrying.info
Phyllis Terrall is the primary contact for this project.
- 2016 - 3 quilts presented
- 2017 - 6 quilts presented
- 2018 - 24 quilts presented
Families in Need
Custer Piecemaker's Quilt Guild provides a quilt to local families who suffer loss of their home through disaster or fire.
Karen Kraus is the primary contact for this project.